I read recently about the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and about other dos and don’ts of debating at Truth Tree, a site offering its share of left-leaning positions in a series of essays,and message boards for each for readers to submit their responses. Not cutting edge site design by any means (nor especially current), but stimulating nonetheless. I was reminded of Dean and Marshall VanDruff’s Conversational Cheap Shots (please pardon my implication of causality), but here we have an effort at community.
- Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc: Naftali Bennett’s Juvenile Analysis of Peace (tweets4peace.com)
- Post hoc, ergo propter hoc! and…. ‘Pink’ flags!! (giffordsachesandpains.com)
- Post Hoc,Ergo Propter Hoc (thebelgianchocolatefiles.com)
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc (stumblingandmumbling.typepad.com)
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc (integratepml.wordpress.com)
- Re-arranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic (thebelgianchocolatefiles.com)