Your company is stuck in old ways of thinking—old tools, old processes, old top-down control, etc. You want to introduce social enterprise concepts to help your company better collaborate internally and communicate with its customers. You see the changes from the consumer web coming into the business realm and you know you can help your company stay relevant in this new world. Maybe you’ve even put some time on the calendar to make your case. But where to begin?
Pure play social software competitors may slight SharePoint for not providing a complete enterprise social media environment, but the product is ubiquitous in corporate computing and SharePoint 2010 added fundamental social media features like richer user profiles and news feeds.
In a panel discussion on SharePoint as a social platform, the consensus was that SharePoint contains many of the ingredients of a social application, but by itself doesn’t get you all the way there–not without extensive customization or the addition of a third-party product such as NewsGator Social Sites.
via informationweek.com Coverage from Enterprise 2.0, a UBM TechWeb event. Discussion peppered with references to NewsGator and other “plugs.” Voices again the concern that Microsoft still lives in a world of documents, and not people.
If your company still lives in a world of documents too, well there’s your battle.
- NewsGator’s SharePoint add-on tries to filter, reduce enterprise social noise (pcworld.com)
- Newsgator Integrates Social Software into Core Work Process (billives.typepad.com)
- NewsGator’s SharePoint add-on tries to filter, reduce enterprise social noise (techworld.com.au)
- “Four Ways to Build Confidence in Your SharePoint Governance Strategy” #dbpreads #dbpfavs (dbpxhaust.wordpress.com)
- NewsGator Enhances its Social Sites 2010 Platform for SharePoint (billives.typepad.com)
- SharePoint Client for BlackBerry Smartphones Now Available (bizblog.blackberry.com)
- SharePoint Client for BlackBerry Smartphones Now Available (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Technology upgrades and infrastructure deployments (spyghana.com)
- SharePoint 2010 (adsuresanjay.wordpress.com)
- Office 365 customers can now replace SharePoint newsfeed with Yammer (techworld.com.au)