Pure play social software competitors may slight SharePoint for not providing a complete enterprise social media environment, but the product is ubiquitous in corporate computing and SharePoint 2010 added fundamental social media features like richer user profiles and news feeds.
In a panel discussion on SharePoint as a social platform, the consensus was that SharePoint contains many of the ingredients of a social application, but by itself doesn’t get you all the way there–not without extensive customization or the addition of a third-party product such as NewsGator Social Sites.
via informationweek.com Coverage from Enterprise 2.0, a UBM TechWeb event. Discussion peppered with references to NewsGator and other “plugs.” Voices again the concern that Microsoft still lives in a world of documents, and not people.
If your company still lives in a world of documents too, well there’s your battle.
- NewsGator’s SharePoint add-on tries to filter, reduce enterprise social noise (pcworld.com)
- Newsgator Integrates Social Software into Core Work Process (billives.typepad.com)
- NewsGator’s SharePoint add-on tries to filter, reduce enterprise social noise (techworld.com.au)
- “Four Ways to Build Confidence in Your SharePoint Governance Strategy” #dbpreads #dbpfavs (dbpxhaust.wordpress.com)
- NewsGator Enhances its Social Sites 2010 Platform for SharePoint (billives.typepad.com)
- SharePoint Client for BlackBerry Smartphones Now Available (bizblog.blackberry.com)
- SharePoint Client for BlackBerry Smartphones Now Available (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Technology upgrades and infrastructure deployments (spyghana.com)
- SharePoint 2010 (adsuresanjay.wordpress.com)
- Office 365 customers can now replace SharePoint newsfeed with Yammer (techworld.com.au)