Now featuring coverage of electronic publishing as well as a grammar and usage chapter all its own, the Chicago Manual of Style is in its 15th edition. Buy it. Read it. Mind the gaps. Perhaps most importantly, remember to (as Linda Halvorson, chief editor, puts it) “break or bend” rules as your needs dictate.
- An Obscure CMOS Grammar Tip: Not/But (amandabumgarner.com)
- Grammar Lesson in Capitalization (faymoore.wordpress.com)
- A Blog Editor’s Checklist (zemanta.com)
- Grammar Series, Part 1 of 5: Noun’s and Pronouns (asksolutionshrservices.wordpress.com)
- The New AP Stylebook Will Not End the Oxford Comma Debate (theatlanticwire.com)
- Style Manual Wars (editingaddict.com)